[nc-whois]

Re: [nc-whois] Revised Bulk Access Draft

On 2002-11-25 15:28:21 -0500, Steve Metalitz wrote:

> Please review ASAP.  If this does not reflect our discussion
> please propose language that does.

Please find attached some changes for 8 (a) and 8 (b).  In 8 (a),
I have made some of the language more specific.  In 8 (b), I have
replaced the "register hold period" by "an appropriate hold status",
and replaced the reference to the RGP by a reference to deletion of
the registration.

Technical background to this (to the extent I understand it): There
are registry and registrar hold states of a domain name which are
controlled by either the registry or the registrar.  With both
states, the domain name does not show up in the zone file.  For the
registrar-driven applications we are discussing here, registrar-hold
looks like the right thing to use, but we should rather leave that
level of detail to the implementation side.

The redemption grace period by itself just means that, once a
registrar "deletes" a domain name, it is actually placed in
registry-hold for a 30 day period, and can be "redeemed" by the
registrar under specific conditions.

> Due to the impending Thanksgiving holiday it may not be possible
> to incorporate any changes not received by COB EST Tuesday
> November 26.  Thanks, and I second Karen's motion below!

I vote yes on that one.

--
Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@does-not-exist.org>

Whois-accuracy-021125-tlr.doc