[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] bulk access & breach of contract

We may need to address one enforceability point:  What happens when
the data user breaks the bulk access agreement?

During one of the conference calls, we were told by one registrar
that their only option was to cancel the current agreemnt, but that
the third party would be free to pay another $10,000 and get a new
agreement.

In order to address this, we could either recommend a further change
to the RAA, or recommend that ICANN should in particular not enforce
the RAA's bulk access provisions against a registrar who denies bulk
access to a third party which has broken the registrar's bulk access
agreement before.

I'd like to defer the mechanics of this to the lawyers on this task
force...

--
Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@does-not-exist.org>