[nc-whois]

RE: FW: [nc-whois] Revised Draft on Bulk Access

This is the only part of Thomas' proposals that I have a real problem with:

-

- I have a concern with Steve's deletion of the "Clearly, there
  cannot be" paragraph.  I have added alternative language which is
  more focused to the WHOIS provisions than Karen's original
  suggestion.

-
The whole question of potential conflicts between national/local law and
contractual obligations is an extremely complex one.  I do not think that
this group adds anything helpful to this issue by making a general and
abstract pronouncement on the subject.  It is enough to recognize that
"national laws may have implications as to what information [a registrar,
etc.] can and cannot provide" via Whois.

Steve Metalitz