[nc-whois]

RE: FW: [nc-whois] Revised Draft on Bulk Access

Very good job Thomas,

Some remarks:

Page 3 final paragraph states:

"The Task Force has not ruled out elimination of the current bulk access
provision; however, in this document we have focused on modifications of
the current RAA"

I think the following would do more honour to the task force's consensus
opinion:

"The task force would adher to elimination of the current bulk access
provision, however since this is not expected on short term we have
focussed et cetera"

Also:

I subscribe to your dissenting opinion.

Finally the "hard to understand" first part of 3.3.6.4:

"This requirement is important to ensure that its database does not
generate dangerous high-volume process that could result from
"legitimate" uses of the WHOIS data and unsolicited marketing
practices."

This requirement is important to ensure that registrars/registry servers
and bandwidth capacity are not endangered by high-volume "legitimate"
usage (whois data, unsolicited marketing prcatices) produced by
automated processes.

<comment> this was written to support Verisign in her stance that the
high volume of traffic probing for released domains and sunsequently
making register attempts on those that were probed available interrupted
her "normal" duties and hence required her to stop with deletion of
domains no longer in use. </comment>

Kind regards

Abel