From: Louis Touton [mailto:touton@icann.org]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 11:39 AM
To: metalitz@iipa.com
Cc: mcade@att.com; nc-whois@dnso.org
Subject: [RE: [nc-whois] FW: Briefing on Legal Conditions for Policy
Implem entation]

Steve,

Thanks for your note.  As you note, enforcing existing the existing
Whois obligations is not likely (in ordinary circumstances) to trigger
the need for demonstrating compliance with the consensus policy
provisions.  Those provisions relate to a provider's promises to assume
new or changed obligations created by policies created after the
agreement is signed.

Your questions about 1.0.A.4 will require some analysis.  Unfortunately,
with the need to complete a .org agreement, etc., I will not have time
to do that analysis before Shanghai.

Best regards,

Louis Touton