[nc-whois]

Re: [nc-whois] bulk access / european privacy protection briefing opportunity

On 2002-04-19 03:05:17 -0700, Djolakian, Laurence wrote:

>   As you know, German data protection rules have been implemented
>   in a specific way.  Implementing laws are different in other EU
>   countries.

The suggestion is to have a discussion on the basis of the
directive, not on the basis of the specific German implementation.

>   I may be a little bit strong but this is a subject I have worked
>   on during many years.

That's great news.  I'm sure that, based on that experience, you'll
be able to help us to understand the directive's implications for
our work even better.

>   In addition, I see a lot of misleading information circulating
>   on this Data Protection Directive.

Sounds like yet another reason for us to do a learning session on
this topic.

--
Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@does-not-exist.org>