[nc-whois]

[nc-whois] [fwd] Re: [ga] Bulk Whois Data Issue (from: ross@tucows.com)

For your information.

----- Forwarded message from "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@tucows.com> -----

From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@tucows.com>
To: "William S. Lovell" <wsl@cerebalaw.com>, <jon@jonlawrence.com>
Cc: <ga@dnso.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:32:31 -0400
Subject: Re: [ga] Bulk Whois Data Issue

High margin, low-volume and something that suffers under poorly defined
policy. The "opt-out" (and only for individuals) clause is only but one
aspect of the policy that need be examined. There are others.

It is our contention that bulk whois need move to an opt-in model as
outlined in our proposal on the subject.
<http://www.icannwatch.org/article.php?sid=104 for more details>.

It is our hope that the Whois TF take a serious look and adopt, if not the
letter, the spirit of our recommendations.

-rwr