\par
\pard\li360\cf0\protect\f1\fs16 -----Original Message-----\par
\protect0\pard\protect\fi-1440\li1800\tx1440\b From:\tab\b0 Chicoine, Caroline G. [SMTP:CCHICOINE@thompsoncoburn.com]\par
\b Sent:\tab\b0 Tuesday, October 16, 2001 4:33 PM\par
\b To:\tab\b0 'Milton Mueller'; MSD@tzmm.com; synthesis@videotron.ca\par
\b Cc:\tab\b0 nc-udrp@dnso.org\par
\b Subject:\tab\b0 RE: [nc-udrp] DRAFT summary to date\par
\protect0\pard\protect\li360\f0\fs20\par
I tend to agree with Milton.\par
\par
-----Original Message-----\par
From: Milton Mueller [mailto:Mueller@syr.edu]\par
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 10:02 AM\par
To: MSD@tzmm.com; synthesis@videotron.ca\par
Cc: nc-udrp@dnso.org\par
Subject: Re: [nc-udrp] DRAFT summary to date\par
\par
Dan:\par
I prefer to minimize any explanatory text, and would perceive\par
the document not as a "survey instrument" as used in social\par
science, but as a set of bullet points that solicit relatively\par
free-form comments. I anticipate non-English speakers\par
having major trouble with your explanatory comments\par
(although your and others' generous offer to translate\par
might overcome that somewhat)\par
\par
The only survey-like features I support are the ones at\par
the top concerning the identification of the commentor.\par
\par
>>> Dan Steinberg <synthesis@videotron.ca> 10/15/01 08:04PM >>>\par
well, it looks like Scott and Dan are at opposite ends of the spectrum on\par
this one. What does everyone else think?  Hopefully there is some consensus\par
on the subject?\par
\par
\par
\par