[nc-transfer] FW: [ga] Companion Dispute Proposal to WLS Service
- To: "Transfer TF (E-mail)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [nc-transfer] FW: [ga] Companion Dispute Proposal to WLS Service
- From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:16:27 -0400
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-Index: AcINXUD3K89aYt/qRDabZATiQQ4I2AAxIxFw
- Thread-Topic: [ga] Companion Dispute Proposal to WLS Service
forwarded with permission of sender.
From: John Berryhill [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 9:19 AM
Subject: [ga] Companion Dispute Proposal to WLS Service
If WLS is implemented and it becomes the one and only way to secure
registration of expiring names, it is clear that there will be people who
will hoard WLS slots. Some of the expiring names will, no doubt, correspond
to trademarks of others, and these trademark owners will be thus prevented
from securing registration of the domain names to which their trademark
Also, quite obviously, there will be parties who will seek to sell WLS slots
in excess of whatever fee they paid to secure a WLS slot.
Hence, we will be faced with WLS-squatting.
In order to deal with the problem of WLS-squatting, a WLS Dispute Resolution
Policy (WLSDRP) will obviously be required as an essential component of any
This message was passed to you via the firstname.lastname@example.org list.
Send mail to email@example.com to unsubscribe
("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html