From: Thomas Roessler [mailto:roessler@does-not-exist.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 3:35 PM
To: ga@dnso.org; Gomes, Chuck; Dan Steinberg
Subject: [ga] WLS call follow-up

Following up to today's WLS call, there are some questions with
which I'd like to grill some of you folks; in particular Chuck
Gomes and Dan Steinberg. ;)

1. Chuck: In the presentation you made to the task force and all
those attending the call, you talked about registrars with a total
market share of 57.5% supporting the proposal.  I already mentioned
during the call that, after substracting Verisign's own market share
of about 40%, we end up at a mere 17.5% of market share; this is
comparable to the market share you mention as being opposed to WLS.
I believe that it was Rick Wesson who asked how much of that
remaining market share in favor of WLS actually belongs to
registrars owned by or affiliated with Verisign.  Could you please
provide some clarification of this on the GA list?  Thank you.

2. Dan: I may have misunderstood you due to the extremely poor
sound quality of your contribution, but I seemed to understand that
you were suggesting that the task force should leave IP and
competition aspects out.  Could you please elaborate on the
rationale for this?

Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/