[nc-transfer]

Clarification requested from NSI (Was "Re: [nc-transfer] Transfer Task Force Consultation Calls Schedule")

Chuck,

A quick question pertaining to some of the contents of your slide
presentation.

One of the slides states that Network Solutions received a "Request by
Registrars Constituency for a WLS proposal ". Can you please clarify this? I
was under the impression the your firm received a request from Constituency
for a proposal that dealt with the "CNO Batch Delete Process". As you and
your firm has stated many times, the WLS proposal was never intended to
solve the batch delete issue, but that it might help out in some incidental
way. As such, it would be inappropriate for your firm to characterize the
registrar constituency request as being in any way related to the "WLS
proposal". (http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc01/msg01504.html)

Also, for some background prior to the call, can you please provide the TF
(or perhaps this is something that you can do on the call today and
tomorrow) with some background concerning your outreach efforts to the
registrar community? The polling numbers that you present are rather stark,
and as we have discussed in the past, there is a tremendous difference
between the registrar community and the registrar constituency.

Further to this point, (making a distinction between the registrar community
and the registrar constituency) where did these polling numbers come from?
The historical record paints a vastly different picture from a constituency
perspective - mainly that constituency support for the constituency position
sits at roughly 68%, opposition @ 24% (abstentions making up the rest).
Further details can be found at
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc01/msg02193.html

As this is a DNSO call, it would be useful to stick to the constituency
details, however knowing more about your outreach efforts and the source of
your numbers would be useful in assisting us to make some informed
judgements concerning the value of the statistics that you present in the
proposal.

Thanks in advance for any clarification that you can provide.

-rwr