[nc-transfer]

[nc-transfer] FYI: Fw: What Thief?

This article, entitled "Domain Name Recovery"  (
http://www.domainguru.com/article/347/40 ) lightly touches on many of the
issues that we will need to start considering through our work over the
coming months.

Further reading on the thread listed below can be found at
http://www.opensrs.org/archives/discuss-list/0111/1060.html starting with a
question about the UDRP.

"My client had a domain name that was allowed to expire due to
circumstances beyond their control. It has since been reregistered by
someone with no obvious connection to the domain and it has since been
pointed at a pornographic website. My client is not opposed to
following the UDRP procedures to regain control of the domain but if I'm
reading it correctly, my client will have to pay approximately $2000 to
WIPO or one of the 3 similar organizations and if they win, they can do
whatever they want with the domain and the only punishment the current
registrant will face is loss of the domain. How is that fair?"

Thanks,

-rwr