[nc-str]

Re: [nc-str] Where should policy making happen?

At 09:03 a.m. 18/12/01 +0100, Philip Sheppard wrote:
Raul,
I am sorry but I cannot understand your line of reasoning. You say that you believe the people involved as individual domain name holders in the ALSO will be different people to those that might participate in an individual domain name holders constituency within the DNSO.

My first thought would be that these people would be the same and that the ALSO proposal adds a way of organising these people.

My English is not the best. Be patient, please :)

An example:

Probably you don't have a domain name because you have never thought to set up a website, etc. etc.

If the ALSC proposal is implemented, then you probably will get a domain name to participate as an AL member. Probably you wont set up a website and probaly wont use your domain name except to participate in ICANN.
I suppose that this will be the case of bunch of persons. Those who will join ALSO to participate will not join as a domain name holders, they will do just to participate in a wide list of issues. Then the ALSO will not represent the interests of the individual domain name holders. This is my reasoning. I expect that it would be more clear than the previous.

yours,

Raul