[nc-org]

Re: [nc-org] implementation and TF process

you conclusions here marc are way off base...

i am sure you can see that  it quite clear from elisabeth's description that
this is a rather sophisticated operational endeavor with a good size staff
and a substantial operational budget.

also ...most complex "non-profits" with a volume this size are managed by
"professionals"...

if you cant see the need for this then you are not being realistic at all.

you dont really believe that the ICANN board would just "turn over the
registry" to a group of people without professional "management
experience"..& proper technical expertise.. to do so would be a breach of
the boards responsibility to the current users of ".org" as well as the
internet community..

even institutions like syracuse university have business offices and
professional managers to deal with the non-academic "business side" of
managing an educational institution..

also the overwhelming majority of "trustee style" boards of most non profit
institutions generally are comprised of individuals who bring a diverse
background of experience to the board (including business management) to the
"oversight function" of any non profit..