[nc-org]

[nc-org] Elections

Quoting Milton:

> I have been on four task forces since joining the Names Council
> and none of them have ever had an election for Chair. They have
> always been appointed by Philip.

Quoting from a message previously posted by Philip to this list:

> Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:26:11 +0200
> From: Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@aim.be>
> To: nc-org@dnso.org
> Subject: Re: [nc-org] Participation

> 3. Milton is interim chair and is expected to act as a chair
> until an election is held to confirm him or give some other
> p....b..... the job.
>
> Philip

Quoting from an earlier communication from Philip in response to a
personal request for information about nc-org activity predating my
appointment to it:

> Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:15:33 +0200
> From: Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@aim.be>
> To: Cary Karp <ck@nrm.se>
> Subject: Re: NC Task Forces

> Milton is the provisional chair for the dot org TF. Once the TF
> is established with all its members there will be a vote. Milton
> has recognised the need for this. The TF is now complete with 6
> members - the ccTLDs chose to not participate. So please vote.
>
> The TF was set up by the NC meeting 29 June - item 7. See NC
> archives for full text but the key part is below: "Ph. Sheppard
> proposed forming a task force to lead further work on this
> subject. M. Mueller volunteered to represent the NCDNH. Other
> Constituencies will be given 7 days to nominate their own
> representatives. Once complete the TF will elect a Chair."
>
> Philip

Quoting Milton:

> However, if you and others are dissatisfied with the way I am
> handling things, I'd be happy to hold an election.

Why are conditions being imposed on what should be an extremely
straightforward business formality of this TF?

/Cary