[nc-org]

Re: [nc-org] "Sponsored-unrestricted"

>>> Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org> 09/15/01 16:39 PM >>>
Ex ante - ex post... What sort of ex post restrictions
are you thinking of?

MM: ====> None.

Further on you mention a dispute policy See below).
Should we not make clear that we do not want that either?

MM: ====> I thought we had made that clear. Here is
the relevant language:

[restrictions, whether ex-ante or ex-post]
"would be far more costly, less stable, and would
diminish end user choice. Moreover, given the very
mixed nature of current registrations in ORG, there is
limited value in attempting to impose "purifying"
measures unless one is also prepared to evict large
numbers of current registrants, and there seems to be
no support for this."

This is why we need to come up and put in our report a
clear idea of how the users/registrants (not-for-
profits, individuals) are going to be represented. Who
is going to (s)elect them? And how?

MM: =====> I think that is for the bidders to
propose. I think it too interventionist and
controlling to tell them specific methods that must
be employed for representation. We cannot anticipate
all the possible methods that might be proposed.