[nc-org]

Re: [nc-org] "Sponsored-unrestricted"

Ken:
The concept of a non-profit entity has been
set out in three different iterations of the
proposed policy, and everyone has agreed with it.

Both the IPCC and te B&C constituencies, as
well as the NCDNHC, have explicitly expressed
support for it. The gTLD representative has
commented on many things, but has never objected
to it.

I think that issue is not on the table any more.

>>> "Ken Stubbs" <kstubbs@digitel.net> 09/15/01 15:13 PM >>>
the concept is basically acceptable with the exception that there appears to
be an assumption in milton's recap that the TLD registry would not be
managed by a commercial entity.. Management of this TLD by a for-profit or
not-for-profit entity needs much further conbsideration.

a methodology for developing criteria for evaluating management proposals
needs to be developed
and a method for selecting the parties to manage the evaluation process
needs to be constructed.

i am also assuming that at this point in time references to non-commercial
domain holders do not necessarily refer to definitions currently used for
defining this constituancy.. these definitions need to be re-clarified

ken stubbs