[nc-intake]

Re: [nc-intake] External speaker for LA

YJ,
I really do not understand your concern.
Are we the Names Council so weak, so child like, so devoid of opinion that all 19 of us will be immediately persuaded if we dare listen to an outside speaker ?

Will you YJ change your opinion to support everything WIPO has ever said and done because we listen to the WIPO Assistant Director General ?

It seems crazy for the NC NOT to hear from statesmen of authority on matters that concern the NC. That is all we are doing.

Another time, the NC may hear from another statesman representing an organisation of the same global standing as a UN agency and that will be interesting too.

What do you fear?  We all know the 19 people on the NC. Who do you believe will be unreasonably influenced by listening to Mr. Gurry ?  He is there to inform NOT persuade.

Philip.