[nc-intake]

[nc-intake] External speaker for LA

Following Roger Cochetti's initiative, I have received a reply from Francis Gurry at WIPO and he confirms that he is indeed willing to address the NC in LA if we would like him to do so. He proposes:

"I do not have any magic formulae to propose, but would rather seek to put before the Names Council some considerations that we feel are important in respect of the protection of IP, including: the proper place of IP in the DNS, some reflections on the experience to date and what it has taught us and possible approaches to the roll-out of any new gTLDs."

This seems to me to be of interest and I propose accepting this offer as a part of item 3 within the scheduled 30 minutes.

Unless I hear shouts to the contrary by midnight local time Thursday 2 November I will presume we all think this is a good offer and ask  (by copy of this e-mail) Ken to agree and for Elisabeth to include it in the agenda sent out.
Philip.

Philip Sheppard
AIM - European Brands Association
9  av. des Gaulois  B-1040 Brussels