[nc-budget]

RE: [nc-budget] FW: Secretariat

I appologize for sending my few comments very late, too much
activities accumulated for this week.

IMHO, and it is not surprising -- you are probably not in every
day contact with technical people as I am -- the technical activities
are largely underestimated, and some of them are really time consuming.

I also believe, from my experience here, that the work on substantial
issues with the NC and the WGroups, the part consisting on reaching
documents with additional information, managing disussion over an email list,
and reching a consensus on much more international level that
what we had util now, is fairly time consuming and full time activity.
We probably shall bear in mind that the next issues will also concern
ccTLD activities, and these ones are very difficult.

It is impossible to have both competencies -- a knowledge related
to economical and legal impacts -- and managerial ones,
at least my experience in EARN or CENTR is clearly that one.
Therefore rely on the "Objective #1" profile for DNSO management
such as supervising and hiring more technical staff seems impossible
to me **assuming we are looking for one person**.
Let me add an exemple, when Roger replaced Don Telage, it was only boss
replacement, the whole system is maintenained by the existing
structure. Now, I am observing at ccTLD and CENTR the time
necessary at each level to catch with the subject. ICANN is complicated.

Therefore I would suggest we disconnect the necessary profile, the one
lacking here, for the work on substantial issues from the work
necessary to have the structure running.
Furthermore, the profile is defined for 6 month -- what will happen
then ?

Best regards,
Elisabeth