[nc-budget]

[nc-budget] Secretariat

I thought I had posted this last week but it does not seem to have gone - so my apologies.

Attached is a draft of the DNSO Secretariat position description as discussed in Yokahama:

As I understand it, key issues we need to address and finalise include the following:

1.  Secretariat job description and selection criteria;

2.  Contractural arrangements:  Roger was going to check with ICANN staff about the feasibility of ICANN acting for the Names Council in this matter. Progress?

3. Advertising and selection process:  Post job requirement on web sites?  Establish a small committee to review and rank proposals and to report to the names council with recommendation for appointment?

4.  Funding:  NSI has volunteered to put in up to $US100 on a dollar or dollar basis with other sponsors.  We would need to have a firm promise of at least $US100k in total sponsorship before we could make any appointment.  How is this to be achieved? (I understand we only have about $US20k in the kitty.)

I look forward to your comment - and I hope this email works!.

erica

Dr Erica Roberts
Manager, Corporate Relations
Level 2,120 King St