RE: [ga] Preliminary report on the NC June 25th meeting

Javier,

Thanks for this update.  Three questions:

1. Is the reason for not allowing listeners on the NC teleconferences one of
cost?  If so, perhaps we could come up with sponsors.  Typically most of the
cost is borne by the person phoning in - as I understand it, the cost of
adding lines to the bridge is not heavy.  If there is another reason, I
would like to understand the rationale.

2. You mention that it was "resolved to maintain the meeting on the
afternoon of August 26th to assess the decisions of the ICANN Board and to
plan for future action."  Is this a meeting of the General Assembly, in
addition to the meeting on the afternoon of the 24th?  Or is this a
different meeting?  Could you clarify please.

3. Did the NC address the problem that people have had joining working
groups.  I know at least three people who wanted to join WG-A, for instance,
and I told them to contact Jonathan Cohen, as per the discussions at the
June 11 NC meeting.  Unfortunately, they received no reply or a reply very
late.  With no disrespect to Jonathan Cohen, who I am convinced is a
fair-minded person and a sterling choice to head up this group, this
procedure is not working.  So, I wonder if this logistical problem was
discussed and if there were any solutions put forward.