ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

Re: [ga] Delete Microsoft.COM in 15 days from NOW!

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 08:10:19AM +0100,
 Marc Schneiders <marc@fuchsia.bijt.net> wrote
 a message of 43 lines which said:

> They say (no I am not making this up, they do):

Well, in that case, they fixed it really fast:

Registrant:
Microsoft Corporation (MICROSOFT-DOM)
   1 microsoft way
   redmond, WA 98052
   US

> And I think, given that they hide the place and state where they are, that
> the street name is made up. "1 microsoft way" for a company called
> "microsoft"? Can't they come up with something less obvious?

Check your facts: the street is *really* named "Microsoft Way". AFNIC
has not been able to obtain a renaming of the "rue Stephenson" in
Saint-Quentin (France) to "rue AFNIC" but we still have hope.

> So: Herewith notified. Correct within 15 days.

Done in less than 15 days :-)