Re: [ga] Internationalized Domain Names deployed

On 20:47 21/06/03, Marc Schneiders said:
>So it is not a matter of the western world vis-a-vis Asia.

You welcome to help create a Dutch Eurolinc group.

We started with the French one. ( http://eurolinc.org ).
Interested people can contact JP Henninot on this
(you can use eurolinc-bureau@eurolinc.org) he is
in charge of the relations with Europe and other
language groups.

Eurolinc WG-IDN is a member of the ccTLD IDN
working group as a language organization. We
maintain close relations with MINC. But we also
are interested in evangelizing the market, and to
represent users needs as well as consulting for
Govs. We are engaged in WSIS.

We are close from the positions of the ITU Marrakech
Resolution (uninanilously voted). We are cocnerned by
multilingualism for sites, documentation, lexical
definitions.

As part of our WSIS involvement, we have a pending
project which could be supported by the World Bank
for an "multilingual internet" education kit for Gov
decision makers.

We boostraped last year and  (however still small in
number) are now in good shape to help other language
initative. Louis Pouzin initiated an effor with the TFIPv6
on DNS that we will soon expand to IDNs (two of our
Members will be on the IDN Panel at the DN2003
to present end users and corporate users points
of view. (DN2003 is an ISOC yearly event [on July
3rd] Paul Twomey and seveal other ICANN people will
attend).

jfc