Re: [ga] Who speaks for the ALAC?

On Fri, 30 May 2003 11:12:24 -0500, you wrote:

>> I don't think that the ALAC is "acquiescing" to anything - especially
>> if you have a look at some of the things we said in the last weeks. We
>> try to do our best to keep up with all policy proceedings and at the
>> same time go on building the regional representation mechanism (and
>> still have a job, a life and so on); and we want to be constructive,
>> so we usually try to focus our comments on current issues and specific
>> points. But we are not afraid to speak when we think it's necessary.
>>
>Although grammatically correct, technically speaking, "we" should be
>replace with "Denise, Esther and I"

This is not correct. You may visit

http://forum.icann.org/mail-archive/alac/

and see for yourself that almost all the members of the Committee
participate actively in discussions. Also, Thomas Roessler and Wendy
Seltzer are our liaisons to the GNSO and its task forces, and they are
the authors of a good part of our documents. You may see this post:

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc12/msg00270.html

as an example of a case where the ALAC stressed the importance of
proper process and public comment opportunities (and since the same
concern was shared by other constituencies, this actually affected the
final decision by the GNSO council).
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---