RE: [ga] UDRP dead? Is the dot-biz registry typosquatting on AT&T 's trademarks?

It is often quite  useful to dig reasons of such apparent difference
between gTLDs and ccTLDs: why wildcards allowed here and not there?
Besides .museum, which is totaly outside and another story.

I am being reminded that IAB have never permitted wildcards in gTLD
zone files and that they have generally been discouraged in ccTLD
zones except in the specific context of connecting new countries,
where initially, in old pioneer times, it was necessary to route
all email into a single server or gateway to the country.

In other words, today the wildcards should not be used in ccTLD neither,
as it creates bad policy problems.

Now, what we are facing with Registries (and why not Registrars
in next step?) redirecting ALL unregistered domains to their special
sites?

When application is a web browser, the redirection goes to
money-making webpages. When application is an email, and when
a typo is made in destination address, who gets the correspondence?

Aren't such practices equivalent to interception of communication
traffic which is a crime in many countries?

As a possible escalation, one may imagine registries diverting
a query for a registered name to a different site/location
depending on address of origin ... or any other criteria ...

Is this the beginning of the end of Internet?

Elisabeth Porteneuve