Re: [ga] Posting rights of Jeff Williams suspended for 14 days.

ummmmmm....Danny,

does the phrase "out of line" mean anything to you?
I suggest you take a few minutes, go calm yourself...then come back
re-read your post ...and think about
a) what good it did?
b) what harm it did?
c) what (if anything) useful could result?
d) how time might be better spent?

Danny, you and the rest of the list have the power in your hands. If you
choose to let others words inflame you, then you are letting them
control you. You lose. bzzzzzzt!   Do you honestly want that? It is as
simple as that. You own your feelings. No one else.
Its not a domain name. There is absolutely no question who owns your
feelings or what form of ownership it is :)
You can choose to let things affect you. Or not. It is always your choice.

Peace

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

>Thomas, drawing a parallel between Vittorio Bertola and the fascist Benito
>Mussolini was off the mark, but not by much.
>
>It is perhaps more appropriate to compare Vittorio, yourself, and all the
>other members of the ALAC to those that collaborated with the fascist regimes
>during World War II.  The collaborators of that era willingly accepted the
>elimination of democratic institutions and then scrambled for power within
>the new fascist regime -- much like your own course of action in doing
>absolutely nothing when the voting mechanisms of the General Assembly were
>forever denied to the membership.
>
>You presided over the demise of the General Assembly, and you were rewarded
>for your complicity.  Vittorio presided over the demise of icannatlarge and
>he similarly was rewarded for his complicity.  ALSC members Esther Dyson,
>Pierre Dandjinou and Denise Michel helped to orchestrate the end of At-Large
>directors in ICANN, and they too were rewarded.
>
>All of you now find yourself seated on a body, the ALAC, whose goal is to
>legitimitize the total elimination of public representation on the Board of
>ICANN.  You are in truth nothing more than collaborators intent on spreading
>the self-serving propaganda of this ICANN regime.
>
>So, enjoy the tyranny that comes with your position as appointed "moderator"
>of the list .  You have earned it.  Let there be no more "comparisons" made
>during your tenure.  Free speech is not compatible with an organization that
>seeks to deny the public voice.
>
>--

Dan Steinberg

SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology