Re: [ga] Posting rights of Jeff Williams suspended for 14 days.

Dear Danny,
I think you have not well understood WW II. This might be important while
we fight WWW.

  17:43 05/05/03, Dan Steinberg wrote:
>All of you now find yourself seated on a body, the ALAC, whose goal is to
>legitimitize the total elimination of public representation on the Board
>of ICANN.  You are in truth nothing more than collaborators intent on
>spreading the self-serving propaganda of this ICANN regime.

Collaborators were often people who faced a dilmna. Is it better to
influence from within with some chances or to fight it from outside with no
chance. That dilemna was increased by the fact that millions of their
countrymen were to be fed and that no one came from the west to help.

I can testify that Vittorio shared that dilemna and that at a time I
advised him to stay and spy, to help from inside. Not an easy task. I
accept that after that he went too far and betrayed us.

>So, enjoy the tyranny that comes with your position as appointed
>"moderator" of the list .  You have earned it.  Let there be no more
>"comparisons" made during your tenure.  Free speech is not compatible with
>an organization that seeks to deny the public voice.

Thomas is not appointed anymore. And he is not a tyrant, yet. Just testing
Patriot I may be. Times are changing, Danny. You have to become used to this.

But most of all Danny, I will not cry on you. For years now I have proposed
that we ally and build something which can seriously contain and complete
ICANN. You have constantly refused and tried to fight ICANN - certainly
with talents but alone. All by yourself as when you were GA Chair you were
the whole GA by yourself. Again, and again, unless we ally and build better
than ICANN (and this is possible) we will go nowhere. You want to play
chess. Alone. We can only win at GO, together.

I certainly understand that some have a try. This is just Another
Ludicruious Attempt Commitee, but if they believe that they will suceed
where everyone was fooled. They just delay the things and help the
administrativia. Well...

It would be so easy to change all this, would a few ally and want to really
work and build ...

jfc