[ga] So where's the ALAC comments archive?

As a general rule, whenever ICANN posts a Request for Comments on a major
topic of interest it is usually only a matter of a few days until a comments
archive is established.  When the Whois Accuracy and Bulk Access Discussion
Paper was released, it took only three days to have the comments archive up
and running.  But here we are still waiting for the creation of a comments
archive for the ALAC.

The ALAC has been soliciting comments with the alac-comments@icann.org
address since Feb. 19 -- so why is there no comment archive ready yet?  The
only answer we have is the following explanation from Denise Michel:

"The intention is for the ALAC to have a sorted, indexed public comment forum
on its website -- the beginnings of which are already there. The idea is to
build upon past public comment mechanisms to foster a productive,
substantive public discourse for At-Large issues.  It is not yet fully
operational due to the complexities of off-site access to the website's
server (and security issues)."
http://forum.icann.org/mail-archive/alac/msg00196.html

One has to wonder why special provisions need to be made for off-site access,
who will be granted such access, and more importantly why the At-Large
continues to be put through all these extra hoops...