Re: [ga] On the ALAC's Request for Comments

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:24:03 EDT, you wrote:
>
> >This moronic plan surely must have been conceived by the feeble-minded idiots
> >and stooges that participated as members of the At-Large Assistance Group --
>
> Danny,
>
> thank you for pointing out all the difficulties in the tasks that have
> been given to us,

Methinks he's doing something quite different, pointing out that the
tasks
you have been given are inherently wrong-headed. The issue isn't that
they
are difficult; it is that they do nothing worthwhile, no matter how well
you may carry them out.

> and the things we still have to do (such as getting
> the archival of comments up and running).

A mere detail; its only importance is that it seems to indicate a
lack of will toward transparency.

> However, I have to stress
> that at this stage proposals focused on the subject of the draft - the
> criteria for accreditation of At Large Structures and Regional At
> Large Organizations - would be more productive.

We need to discuss detailed plans for re-arranging these deck chairs.

> Personally, I appreciate your input and your ability to discover and
> remark valuable facts.

Thank you for mentioning these difficulties.

> I think you could bring an outstanding
> contribution to the ALAC/RALO mechanism,

I think you could be really useful to Titanic staff.

> if you decided to participate
> to this process constructively. So I hope that you will change your
> mind on it.

So about those deck chairs ...