[ga] What is a domain name?

Eric,

now that we have had fun :-)-O, it is a really interesting topic.

I have always considered a domain a region of authority and
responsibility for naming and name-to-address-translation. (And if
pressed I can even look up which RFC defines this :-)-O)

And then came ICANN...

Actually, I would really like to see a working and understandeable
definition of "domain".

By the way, I do not think that the cybersquatting act or the opinion
of different US courts apply anywhere outside the US.

Hmm, other than in the Iraq, maybe...

greetings, el
--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse  \   *    /        Managing Member, NA-NiC (cc)
<el@lisse.NA> el108    /       | NA-NiC is the the .NA ccTLD Registry