Re: The telephone network and the internet (RE: [ga] ALAC comment s on proposed Bylaws modifications)

Richard and all former DNSO GA members,

  I understand the ITU pretty well I think.  I agree that there are some
that have recently commented on this thread that don't seem to understand
what the ITU does or how it is structured.  My, and our members concern
as well as with a number of other stakeholders/users with the ITU is
three fold.  One, that the ITU does not have an individual membership
of any kind.  Two that the ITU's "Recommendations" or so called
non binding standards, are determined by corporations or non-profit
corporations that may or may not have any input of any kind from
the stakeholders/users that those "Recommendations" or so called
non binding standards would effect directly.  As such the ITU is
setting itself up without the consent.  Three, that many of the
"Recomendations" or so called non binding standards or the
ITU are only available for download at a cost per each after
the first so many ( Three?).  Thus making even the knowledge
of said "Recommendations" or so called non binding standards
not even knowable to many stakeholder/users.

  All of these three very great concerns have been discussed
on this thread thus far is some depth.  All of these three
concerns seem to be shared by quite a number of those
participating on this thread or indirectly knowledgeable of
these discussions.  All three of these very great concerns
seem to be that the ITU wishes to set itself up as the
"Big Daddy" for stakeholders/users, without their consent
or even knowledge.  I personally find that disconcerting
and demeaning to say the least, and long term very
troublesome to the growing number of stakeholders/users.

  I can only assume than that the prevailing attitude depicted
in the "Structure" of the ITU, ICANN, IETF, IESG, ect., ect.,
is one similar to Marie Antonette, "Let them eat Cake"...
Of course not long after uttering that phrase, she was
beheaded...  >:)

  So, such prevailing attitudes as reflected in the ITU, ICANN, IETF, IESG,
ect., ect.,
have consequences.  Some of those consequences are quite grave indeed.
And perhaps, just perhaps, the ITU, ICANN, IETF, IESG, ect., ect.,
would consider reflecting in their "Structures" a much more open,
transparent and especially representative attitude of, "Give me liberty
or give me death".

richard.hill@itu.int wrote:

> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801