Re: [ga] a cctld representative

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 barrister@chambers.gen.nz wrote:

> I look forward to learning of the mechanism by which he will be provided
> with the consensus views of the cctlds in order to carry out the function.
> Doubtless another bottom-up, transparent and  consultative process will
> be adopted, as a result of which cctlds will be told what their
> representative has done.

Well, I first heard the name of Mr. Staley in an email that landed in my
e-mail inbox at 4:54am PST on the morning of March 12.  The board meeting
in which that person was selected from among a slate consisting of two
candidates, started about six minutes later, at 5am PST.

6 minutes.

6 minutes for meaningful public commentary, for a bottom-up, transparent,
consultative process.  Yup, six minutes.

		--karl--