Re: [ga] Fw: nic.net

Mr. Madhava and all Former DNSO GA members,

  I did not see any validity in you point that www.srisathyasai.org contained
any "Questionable Content" on that web site.

  In any event the DNSO GA or the DNSO/GNSO is not the proper or
appropriate forum to seek resolution to a problem of content that you
or any other stakeholder/user may have.

M.R. Madhava Murthy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am Madhava Murthy from SN Informatics Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore. I am
> forwarding a reply received from NIC.NET. I request your help in sorting out
> the problem faced by us.
>
> To put our points, we are the web masters for the web site '
> www.srisathyasai.org.in '. There is another site ' www.srisathyasai.org '
> which was owned by Mr. Vinay Rai. On our request, he had redirected his web
> site to our above-mentioned web site i.e., www.srisathyasai.org.in. We
> notice that the web site www.srisathyasai.org is having a page of
> questionable content. Can you please let us know how to proceed further in
> the matter. In the first place, we would like to have the questionable
> material from the .org site is removed. We need your guidance and advice.
>
> When we looked into the who is search, we found the following:
>
>                 **************************
>                 OpenSRS Whois Lookup Utility
>
>                 Whois info for, srisathyasai.org:
>                 Registrant:
>                  sathyasai
>                  clos de la hetraie 7
>                  waterloo,  1410
>                  BE
>
>                  Domain name: SRISATHYASAI.ORG
>
>                  Administrative Contact:
>                     saatci, ayk  ayk@skynet.be
>                 clos de la hetraie 7
>                 waterloo,  1410
>                 BE
>                 +32 2 354 44 42
>              Technical Contact:
>                 Registrar, Domain  support@digitalregistrar.com
>                 1593 Chestnut Ave.
>                 Lompoc, CA 93436
>                 US
>                 805 740 1999    Fax: 508 448 1259
>
>              Registration Service Provider:
>                 Digital Space Corp, support@digitalregistrar.com
>                 805 740 1999
>                 http://www.digitalspace.net
>                 This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
> DNS/Nameserver
>             changes, and general domain support questions.
>
>              Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
>              Record last updated on 01-Jan-2003.
>              Record expires on 01-Jan-2004.
>              Record Created on 01-Jan-2003.
>
>              Domain servers in listed order:
>                 NS1.FROGSPACE.NET
>                 NS2.FROGSPACE.NET
>
>             **************************
>
> My initial observation is that the domain name, www.srisathyasai.org would
> have expired and someone would have taken the same domain name. What is more
> disturbing is the fact that the site has been taken and some unethical
> content has been put there. Since the content is put in bad taste, it will
> affect the minds of the visitors. Because of this reason, we would like to
> know if we can get back the domain name and resolve the present crises.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you the steps that are to be taken from our
> end. In the meantime, I thank you in advance, for all the support that would
> come from your end.
>
> Regards

> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801