Re: [ga] Fw: nic.net

At 12:45 AM +0100 3/12/03, Marc Schneiders wrote:
>On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, at 14:05 [=GMT+0530], M.R. Madhava Murthy wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am Madhava Murthy from SN Informatics Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore. I am
>> forwarding a reply received from NIC.NET. I request your help in sorting out
>> the problem faced by us.
>>
>> To put our points, we are the web masters for the web site '
>> www.srisathyasai.org.in '. There is another site ' www.srisathyasai.org '
>> which was owned by Mr. Vinay Rai. On our request, he had redirected his web
>> site to our above-mentioned web site i.e., www.srisathyasai.org.in. We
>> notice that the web site www.srisathyasai.org is having a page of
>> questionable content.
>
>You are completely out of luck. It looks like Mr. Rai let the domain
>expire, after which it was registered by some ex member of your
>organization. The site does not seem to have more than one page, the
>content of which does not seem to go beyond stating that this is the site
>of the "Ex Sai Baba devotees" in French and Dutch, the two main languages
>spoken in Belgium, where the registrant is. All in all, nothing illegal.
>Certainly not in Belgium.

Yes. Situation surely not helped by the MORON at Domain Bank not
reading/investigating the complaint correctly and suggesting they transfer
the name to their Registrar service (which would be an attempted name
hijacking).

>> Can you please let us know how to proceed further in
>> the matter. In the first place, we would like to have the questionable
>> material from the .org site is removed. We need your guidance and advice.
>>
>> When we looked into the who is search, we found the following:
>>
>>                 **************************
>>                 OpenSRS Whois Lookup Utility
>>
>>                 Whois info for, srisathyasai.org:
>>                 Registrant:
>>                  sathyasai
>>                  clos de la hetraie 7
>>                  waterloo,  1410
>>                  BE
>>
>>                  Domain name: SRISATHYASAI.ORG
>>
>>                  Administrative Contact:
>>                     saatci, ayk  ayk@skynet.be
>>                 clos de la hetraie 7
>>                 waterloo,  1410
>>                 BE
>>                 +32 2 354 44 42
>>              Technical Contact:
>>                 Registrar, Domain  support@digitalregistrar.com
>>                 1593 Chestnut Ave.
>>                 Lompoc, CA 93436
>>                 US
>>                 805 740 1999    Fax: 508 448 1259
>>
>>              Registration Service Provider:
>>                 Digital Space Corp, support@digitalregistrar.com
>>                 805 740 1999
>>                 http://www.digitalspace.net
>>                 This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
>> DNS/Nameserver
>>             changes, and general domain support questions.
>>
>>              Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
>>              Record last updated on 01-Jan-2003.
>>              Record expires on 01-Jan-2004.
>>              Record Created on 01-Jan-2003.
>>
>>              Domain servers in listed order:
>>                 NS1.FROGSPACE.NET
>>                 NS2.FROGSPACE.NET
>>
>>             **************************
>>
>> My initial observation is that the domain name, www.srisathyasai.org would
>> have expired and someone would have taken the same domain name. What is more
>> disturbing is the fact that the site has been taken and some unethical
>> content has been put there. Since the content is put in bad taste, it will
>> affect the minds of the visitors. Because of this reason, we would like to
>> know if we can get back the domain name and resolve the present crises.
>>
>> I look forward to hearing from you the steps that are to be taken from our
>> end. In the meantime, I thank you in advance, for all the support that would
>> come from your end.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Madhava Murthy
>> madhav@sninform.com

Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?
We could ask ICANN to send WIPO a clue, but do they have any to spare?
Get active: http://www.tldlobby.com