Re: The telephone network and the internet (RE: [ga] ALAC comment s on proposed Bylaws modifications)

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 02:31:41PM +0100,
 richard.hill@itu.int <richard.hill@itu.int> wrote
 a message of 33 lines which said:

> Please see below for free access to ITU-T Recommendations.
> Anybody can download up to three ITU-T Recommendations per year for free
> from our web site.

ROTFL! There is not often humour on the GA list. *Three*
recommendations. I download several RFC a week!

> I agree that this is not the same as IETF or ICANN where everything is
> available for free.

Not only available but also redistributable. Often, ITU bureaucrats
explain the impossibility to download documents by the lack of
bandwidth on their servers. The obvious solution is mirroring, like
the IETF does, but it is forbidden by the ITU.

And have a look at the form you are forced to fill in:

https://ecs.itu.ch/cgi-bin/run/ebookshop?choice=