Re: The telephone network and the internet (RE: [ga] ALAC comment s on proposed Bylaws modifications)

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 12:01:55PM +0100,
 Gordon.Lennox@cec.eu.int <Gordon.Lennox@cec.eu.int> wrote
 a message of 17 lines which said:

> For Carl's book see:
>
> http://museum.media.org/eti/
>
> And yes, it is a very good read!

I fully agree (I tried myself to convince ITU to publish texts) and I
can add that nothing changed in the last years. Very often, people
trying to push for a more important role of the ITU in the Internet
say that the ITU has changed, that it is no longer the bureaucratic
and closed monster it was. But a simple look at ITU publication policy
suffices to show the opposite:

http://www.itu.int/itudoc/gs/subscirc/itu-t/198-8.html