RE: The telephone network and the internet (RE: [ga] ALAC comment s on proposed Bylaws modifications)

Dear Joe,
The ITU is not perfect. Its main quality is to be predictable (bylaws
changes takes decades) and fair because people wants a fair ROI as ICANN
but there they pay in the open. Now let not be abused by the rates. Just
compare how much the ICANN constituencies are asked to pay per years. The
NCC would never have been charged anything as a non-profit.

As I explained yesterday, the ITU-T would not be appropriate for us. Its
rules may help understanding  how the ITU-I could be set-up. Most of all
there is a need for an ITU-U (users: again not as end-users but as extended
services providers/developpers on top of the network added value to the
telephone lines that ITU-T manages).

I would be interested in knowing how many people work at the ITU-T and the
worldwide Telecom turn-over, and in comparing it to the number of ICANN
employees and the Internet industry turn-over. I think you would probably
discover that the bureaucrats are at ICANN.

jfc

On 16:33 10/03/03, Joe Baptista said:

>On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 richard.hill@itu.int wrote:
>
> > Anybody can download up to three ITU-T Recommendations per year for free
> > from our web site.
> >
> > I agree that this is not the same as IETF or ICANN where everything is
> > available for free.
>
>Richard - may i make a recommendation to you.  To remain relevant in
>cyberspace you can't put up roadblocks to propaganda.  The only people who
>are going to be interested in it are indeed very small in number.  If you
>want to be relevant to the internet community then you make your stuff
>free.
>
>This policy is one of those dino affairs.  Obvioulsy the ITU is run by
>professional bureacrats which means in short interent twits.  this is not
>an offence - it is a standard.  The common internet twit is someone who
>knows to little about the internet - but who feel they know it all - and
>as a result cause a great deal of fuss over nothing.  This is essentially
>the state of affairs throughout the internet.
>
>regards
>joe baptista
>
>Joe Baptista - only at www.baptista.god
>
>   Can you see this domain http://www.baptista.god/
>
>   if ANSWER = NO THEN U.S. government controls your surfing habits
>   if ANSWER = YES THEN your a pioneer and you already know whats going on
>
>       find out more http://www.pacificroot.com/ (Americas)
>                  or http://www.newroot.com/ (Europa)
>

>--
>

>---