Re: [ga] ALAC comments on proposed Bylaws modifications

At 08:25 a.m. 25/02/2003, Richard Henderson wrote:

We polled our own "bottom up" At Large group (as you know)... 69% said they
didn't trust ICANN's At Large proposals, as opposed to 19% who said they
did;

This is a signal that the ALAC should pay attention to. Read the list of icannatlarge members!

 and you yourself (as you no doubt know with wry amusement) came 293rd
out of 295, in a poll of who people trusted to promote the At Large, which
was only a little worse than Denise who came 290th!

The Polls actually asked Who would you trust to write an Icannatlarge Charter? and

Who would you NOT want on the Nominating Committee?

and it is logical and credible that most ICANN Board Members (note the exceptions)  or staff could not be expected to be very much in demand for either writing the At Large Charter or  sitting on the NomCom.

for results see http://www.icannatlarge.com/results-pre-nom1.htm  and
http://www.icannatlarge.com/results-pre-nom2.htm

Combining the results of these two Polls led to the  figures Richard mentions, but this is a Poll interpretation, not a direct result.

Apart from this and FWIW, I agree with the thrust of Richard's and Joanna's observations.

-joop-