RE: [ga] ALAC comments on proposed Bylaws modifications

> From: Vittorio Bertola [mailto:vb@bertola.eu.org]
> On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:44:54 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >"Any RALO must through its at-large
> >          structures or through direct membership, be open for
> >          participation of all individual Internet users who are
> >          citizens or residents of countries within the RALO's
> >          Geographic Region (as defined in Section 5 of Article VI)."
> >
> >Oh that's good. I get to join two RALO's and have a vote in both
> regions.
>
> Better than having a vote in no region (the original language was
> "citizens *and* residents").
> --
> vb.

Vittorio,
It gets better. As a member of ISOC, I would get another vote to add to my
other two. Are there any other organizations I can join? (I'd like to have
as many votes as possible). Whatever happened to the principle of one person
one vote, or is that just too much to ask?

Regards,
Joanna