Re: [ga] Contemplated Registry Fees

Danny, Jeff, and all former DNSO GA members,

  I think you could have been a little more direct in your reaponse/comments
here Danny.  However most likely caught the actual meaning of your comments
regarding Registrars, and more importantly, Registries, errant business
practices which for now, ICANN are willing or knowhow to address
adequately and ethically.

  I will of course be more blunt here to your accurate, although overly
politically correct comments/remarks to Mr. Nueman and other operators
of Registries and Registrars.  It is now and has been clear, that the
decisions in MdR 2000 "Selecting" the present Registries for .BIZ and
.INFO, amongst other TLD's "Selected" at that ICANN meeting via
a questionable "Lottery" process have borne out as we predicted
and stated to be a future horrendous and destabilizing set of decisions
by the than ICANN BoD, leaving us with destabilizing Registries
such as Nuelevel, Nuestar, and Affilias in particular.  Such horrific,
and despicable business practices perpetrated on unsuspecting Registrants
by these entities, is far past the point of them needing to have
their "Accreditation" removed without delay.  In the mean time,
near future legal actions will be sought and through those actions,
hopefully the principals of Nuelevel, Nuestar, Afilias, and PIR,
will extract adequate financial impact and remuneration as to
significantly aid in changing the business practices and attitudes
of these obviously disruptive organizations.

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Regarding the dispute resolution procedure contemplated in the Transfers
> Final Report -- If, as the language of the recommendation indicates, a
> dispute resolution may be administered by a "pertinent Registry", the
> presumption is that the Registry is entitled to set a fee for such services.
> As in the case of the Redemption Grace Period (where a registry has set an
> initial $85 charge and then registrars proceed to gouge the registrant to the
> full extent of their greed), I fully expect to see registrars continuing to
> screw registrants in similar fashion via the transfers dispute resolution
> process.
>
> As the cost analysis in the Transfers report fails to address this issue,
> could you perhaps hazard a guess as to the amount of the fee to be set by a
> Registry for such services?  This will then help to determine the level of
> extortion we can ultimately expect from registrars in the transfers dispute
> process.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801