Re: [ga] BULK whois

Andy and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

  As Louis Touton some time ago along with soon afterward,
Start Lynn posted to the ICANN web site some statement
to the effect of ICANN does not handle such complaints,
I doubt that now or even last June-July, ICANN could
produce such evidence that you rightly seek.

  For ICANN to now produce such evidence, should they
have it, would be tantamount to admitting that they, through
their inane and ill advised policies, produced such a huge,
disgusting and destabilizing mess, that some legal folks
might consider using the new Patriot act in a legal filing
against ICANN...

Andy Gardner wrote:

> At 4:05 PM -0800 2/14/03, kent@songbird.com wrote:
> >On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 09:49:45AM -0500, John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D. wrote:
> >[...]
> >> So we have the regular spectacle of contributors such as Mr. Crispin, who
> >> make the point that ICANN is not a consumer protection agency,
> >
> >Which is undeniably true...
> >
> >> but entirely
> >> miss the point that the relevant contracts bearing on registrar procedures
> >> are contracts with ICANN.  Mr. Crispin's point boils down to "if registrars
> >> breach their contract with ICANN, it is not ICANN's job to care.  *You*
> >>can't
> >> require ICANN to care if the contracts are not followed".  Ha, ha, the joke
> >> is on you for believing these contracts mean anything.
> >
> >Sorry, my point does not "boil down" to the above wild extrapolation.
> >Please, don't try to "boil down" my points, since you clearly have no
> >interest in them.  :-)
>
> To prevent future boil down, perhaps you'd like to get someone at ICANN to
> produce some evidence of the number of complaints against registrars that
> ICANN has received, the categoried nature of these complaints, and what, if
> any, action has been taken by ICANN?
>
> --
> Andrew P. Gardner
> barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?
> We could ask ICANN to send WIPO a clue, but do they have any to spare?
> Get active: http://www.tldlobby.com

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801