Re: [ga] WHOIS data on .org domains

   Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:56:35 +0100
   From: Thomas Roessler <roessler-mobile@does-not-exist.net>

   > Why does my expectation of privacy continue to be eroded in this
   > ICANN process?

   What makes this even more interesting is that PIR requires
   registrars to transfer WHOIS information to the registry, ...

If I'm not mistaken, the switch to a thick registry was one of the things
that was required of all bidders for .ORG.  So PIR isn't exactly to blame
for this.  At most you can fault them for making the transition clumsy and
confusing.

The real question is why ICANN required that .ORG go thick.