Re: [ga] WHOIS data on .org domains

At 06:43 a.m. 14/02/2003, John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D. wrote:

>So, assuming I followed this correctly, then only after the transition to a
>thick registry, PIR will have in its own database information showing that
>they are providing technical support services to an OFAC-designated foreign
>organization using the domain name hizbollah.org ?
>
>Do I have that right?

Naughty, John, naughty. :-)

Blacklisted foreign organizations getting domain service from US
registrars, is a can of worms ICANN  (or even DoC, let alone PIR) is not
yet ready to open.
Yanking such domains wholesale is going to put the mission of "providing
stability to the DNS" into question.
It is also likely to meet resistance from those who are now monitoring
these org's.

-joop-