Re: [ga] WHOIS data on .org domains

From: "Abel Wisman" <abel@able-towers.com>

> I assume that will be the reasoning behind arresting all
> telecommunications personalle in the USA, because one can call countries
> on those lists.

No, Mr. Wisman.  If you bother to read the regulations, you will see that
there are specific exemptions for telecommunications services.  International
telecommunications services are coordinated by an international treaty
organization, and the treaty trumps Treasury Department regulations.  And,
no, under the definition therein, domain name registration services are not
what they are talking about.  Please learn what you are talking about.

There is no reason for them to use a US registrar, if they do not want to
enter into a contract that is illegal for US businesses.

> They have no right nor obligation to yank any domain and if this is the
> us attitude to be, then pals let's remove all of Icann and the root
> servers from the usa, because by this way of directing us law upon the
> internet they are de-stabilizing the internet.

Mr. Wisman, there is no requirement of the internet's architecture to vest
central control under an entity bound by US law.  That, however, is what we
have.  Perhaps a thinking person might come up with something that did not
have that destabilizing defect built in.