RE: [ga] whois.txt, ala robots.txt, as a standard ?

> 2. the whois is actually accessed through HTTP by the users.
>      so it is fallacious to use that "domain names are more
>      than http related": they are at least whois/http related today.

Just because one can access something via one means (in this case whois data
via http) does not mean that it IS http based.

This is like saying that as I use a 4 wheel drive vehicle on a motorway that
no other type of vehicle can be used.

My comment of whois should be 'application neutral' is in fact supported by
your comment about http access.

Finally your comment '...so it is fallacious to use that "domain names are
more
than http related"...' is in fact disingenuous as whois is NOT dependant or
solely used by http. They are only related in the fact one (http) CAN be
used to access other (whois).

I cant see much value in a http based applications having 'enhanced'
whois/domain name related information, but that's me. However, if others do
see the value then by all means do it.

Steven Heath
www.nznews.org.nz