[ga] Is email spoofing against the law?

What is the current legislation on email spoofing, sending a message with
someone else's FROM: address, in the US and in Europe?

Years ago when the Net was young, someone who disagreed with me on a
mailing list sent a particularly nasty message to a person of known
sensitivity under my name.

The predictable result was that my mailbox was buried with a vindictive
mailbomb.

Since the last week, I find that my mailbox is again being buried , this
time under bounce messages of spam that is decorated with the
terabytz.co.nz domain in the FROM: header.
Someone is broadcasting millions of spam messages under my name.

There is of course a civil remedy for damages, but what  is the current
state of criminal law?

-joop-