ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

Official Altroot bashing (Re: [ga] ICANN Whois Update)

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, at 13:47 [=GMT-0400], Michael D. Palage wrote:

> Very interesting update from ICANN on Whois accuracy.
>
> http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-03sep02.htm

Indeed. Thanks. I fail to see, why it is necessary to have on the
www.internic.net website (where one can complain about inaccurate whois
data online) a "Non-technical explanation of the domain-name system why
universal resolvability is important", mainly an attempt at altroot
bashing. This gives me the idea that the whois correctness exercize is
also mainly prompted by ICANN's felt need for selfjustification, to which
www.internic.net seems now dedicated.

Bah.