ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

Re: [ga] RE: "The reform committee continues to refine its proposals..."

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Cohen" <jcohen@shapirocohen.com>
>  There ''are ''and ''will be'' a significant number of Board  Members who
> will be At Large.They will be ''''appointed ''and it is there that the
> question/issue needs to be debated. Who should decide who is an At Large
> Board Member and How should they reach the Board.For now it is the wisdom of
> this Board ,that it should be through a nominating Ctee.,..lets see how it
> works.......

You likely were not around and volunteering to waste your time with ICANN in the
years 1995, 1996, 1997, and much of 1998. You also likely were not one of the
I* society insiders who told people to "see how it comes out", when people's efforts
were de-railed and they were mislead into thinking that the U.S. Government would
"fix everything in a few months". People and companies have now witnessed those
people changing their stories after arriving at the party with their nine hundred pound
gorilla, called the U.S. Government, and packaged as clerks from the U.S. Department
of Commerce. People trusted people and companies and have been betrayed. Look at
the people who extended their helping hands in 1997 and 1998 only to turn and stab
the Internet community in the back and profit from the trust people placed in them.
Americans have been betrayed on a global scale. The I* society should be ashamed
and would not be able to spend the rest of their natural lives repairing the damage.

http://www.bizforward.com/wdc/issues/2002-07/forward40/myforward40.shtml
http://amsterdam.nettime.org/Lists-Archives/nettime-l-0206/msg00155.html
http://amsterdam.nettime.org/Lists-Archives/nettime-l-9909/msg00035.html

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt