Re: [ga] WHOIS accuracy, and name deletions

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:03:11 -0600, "Rodrigo  Orenday Serrato"
<rorenday@banxico.org.mx> wrote:

>As far as I know, domain names are used mostly for websites. I know they
>have other uses, but I was under the impression that the foremost concern is
>with regard to domain names used for websites.

Just because most are used for websites is no reason to implement
rules for all domain names that only apply if there is a website.

>With regard to your second paragraph, as I said before, if you own a
>business, you must tend to it.

Umm, where on earth do you get the notion that all websites are
commercial?  Many websites are personal or non commercial.  Rather
rough if you have the same surname as a trademark and you go away on
holiday to find your personal website gone when you get back.

>As for your firewall idea, well, the hole point of my idea is that proof of
>the e-mail being sent should be issued by the website for which it is used,
>by a print out of the acknowledgment of receipt that it would issue.

So you want every website in the world to be forced to have an auto
responder bot for e-mail just to cover the one in one hundred thousand
possibility that someone thinks your whois details are incorrect.

>It's just a wild thought anyway, but thanks for paying so much attention to
>it.

Very very wild.

DPF
--